Vice President of Finance
The Vice President (VP) Finance must have demonstrated strength in building relationships, and a direct, thoughtful communication style that fosters trust. You will engage with all levels and all functions across the company and will be a partner with the business, aligning operating results with financial results. The VP Finance must bring a deep commitment to, and embody, our culture and core values.
The VP of Finance is responsible for all strategic and transactional finance and fiscal management. You will partner with the COO and other executive leadership team members to: align financial practices with business needs; increase financial forecasting; and strategically embed financial advice into relevant operating and business decisions. You will oversee all potential M&A activity, accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting, as well as ensure that all aspects of the organization’s finances are in alignment with GAAP and other applicable regulatory requirements.
This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
To apply please send resumes to email@example.com
Education and Work Experience:
- Degree in accounting or finance; MBA or CPA preferred
- A minimum of 10 years, with a track record of significant accomplishments in senior-level financial management roles within high-performing environments
- Demonstrated ability to be a partner with business, aligning operational results with financial results
- Brings experience in both accounting and FP&A in a high-volume transactional business
- Prior ownership and/or participation in M&A modeling, valuation, and deal execution
Preference will be given to candidates with the following skills/experience:
- Working with private equity backed organizations.
- Hands-on experience with mergers and acquisitions (more than 1 company preferred).
Financial Strategy & Planning
- Lead a team with responsibilities for the annual and long-term plan, forecast, and monthly reporting. In addition, you will be responsible for ad hoc analysis, executive level decks for C-level staff members, and Board of Directors reporting. In this capacity, you will lead and manage results for the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements
- Lead the annual, organizational budget process, working closely with senior leadership; design the process, develop the annual plan for it, and implement the plan, culminating in the approval of the budget by the Board
- Manage, plan, and organize the financial operations of the organization to support the business, including ongoing operations, new initiatives, acquisitions, and capital investments
- Review and approve all strategic Sales Contracts and SOW’s to ensure they are margin accretive
- Manage and participate in the analysis and interpretation of operating results, preparation of executive reports, review of financing activities, and analysis of financial effects of various contemplated actions.
- Maintain strong relationships with PakEnergy’s leadership to ensure an understanding of their varied financial needs; align the finance team’s priorities accordingly
Finance Team Leadership and Management
- Provide outstanding management and leadership of the finance team, ensuring there is an appropriate structure and strong management across general accounting, accounts payable and budgeting, and reporting
- Lead and develop the finance team to embody organizational core values, build strong relationships across the organization and be seen as a value-added partner to client and operational
- Ensure high-quality processes are in place to support PakEnergy’s needs and objectives, and that processes are continuously improved
- Implement best practices to facilitate the production of timely, accurate, and actionable financial information in an efficient manner for multiple levels of the organization
- Ensure Finance team regularly assesses technology (and business process) function, quality, efficiency, sustainability, reporting, and improvement needs. Initiate technology implementation and optimization projects as needed and ensure effective execution of projects.
- Ensure all financial audits and related filings are completed on-time and in good standing
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
- Team Oriented, collaborative nature with excellent communication skills
- You are motivated and a self-starter
- You have great written and oral communication skills – phone and email
PakEnergy is a growing fast-paced company with cool products. Expect to learn, to be challenged, and to have fun. We're a trusted partner to more than 1,900 oil & gas firms, helping our customers innovate with confidence. Our mission is to simplify the hardest problems, automate operations, and help our customers maximize their profitability. To do that, we need exceptional people on our team.
Benefits: PakEnergy offers a casual business work environment, generous PTO, and a competitive compensation structure that includes sales commissions, paid health insurance and a 401(k)-retirement plan. We have a positive culture designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization. PakEnergy is dedicated to individual growth opportunities, and we would love the opportunity to discuss with you in more detail!
To apply please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org